A Happier Professional Life in Physical Medicine today
I used to think that happiness in my professional life was about being understood by patients and colleagues. That is still important to me, however for me now, happiness is more about understanding myself and my needs as a professional.
Over the last 30 years as a professional in Physical Medicine, I have found myself agreeing and concurring with Henry David Thoreau when he described happiness as, “ being like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you notice the other things around you, it will gently come and sit on your shoulder.”
You may be interested to know that the word ‘Happy’ derives from the Middle English word hap, meaning “good luck” Many of the early European words for happy actually refer to good luck as well, rather than a feeling of joy….. interesting.
Happiness sets success in motion
To me it seems that happiness as an ‘E-MOTION’ is a force that enriches the present moment and seeds the moment thereafter. I have found that fulfilling a mission toward happiness, to be the way to a successful professional life in Physical Medicine over the last 30 years.
Consequent to this, my interpretation of happiness in professional life is that of being in an optimal state which can be achieved, realised and distilled from the net extent of fulfilment of the six human needs in a person’s professional life.
It is acknowledged that humans have six major needs (amongst others):
- Certainty: Assurance and predictability
- Uncertainty/Variety: The need for new things, adventure, exploration of the unknown, change and new stimulus.
- Significance: Feeling unique, acknowledged, relevant, important to one’s-self and to others. To feel special or needed.
- Connection/Love: a strong feeling of alignment with someone or something.
- Growth: To develop or to evolve. An expansion of capacity, capability or understanding.
- Contribution: a sense of service and focus on helping, giving to and supporting others.
This realisation drove me to provide The Manuthera 242 Treatment Table to the UK Physical Medicine market. The Manuthera 242 treatment table ticks the boxes for happiness in the delivery Physical Medicine.
- Certainty: Assurance and predictability, “probably the most versatile treatment table in the world”
- Uncertainty/Variety: Fresh and new in the world of Physical Medicine. Adventurous and exploratory of delivering procedures and treatment much more efficiently from a practitioner’s perspective. A new stimulus to conserve operator energy.
- Significance: The Manuthera 242 treatment table will assuredly reveal you as head and shoulders above any providers out there; cementing high quality as one fact of your professional reputation.
- Connection/Love: Being a part of our growing global community of Manuthera 242 Clinicians will help you deliver 21st Century Physical Medicine.
- Growth: You will develop and evolve your capability and understanding.
- Contribution: Others in your profession will witness your success with Manuthera 242 and you in turn may unknowingly become an influencer in your professional community.
Are you curious to learn more? Connect with us.